OVERVIEW OF RSR Classes (Rapid Symptom Reduction for Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, Panic attacks, phobia’s)
Welcome to the Rapid Symptom Reduction Online Classes. This program is designed for highly motivated individuals to give you the tools to rapidly reduce your symptoms of depression, anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, ADHD or insomnia. There is substantial research evidence that suggests these tools can provide relief just as well and even more rapidly than medication. There is also evidence that these methods are more effective in the long-term. This post is for educational purposes only. I am not a doctor, I only have my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology – Honors. If you need medical advice seek out a qualified doctor.
We have found that the one critical, necessary element that leads to success is simply your willingness to work very hard using these techniques on a daily basis. You will be amazed at the results.
The following in an outline of the tools we will discuss over time. Concepts will be repeated from different angles until they can be implemented.
- Relaxation techniques
- Abdominal Breathing, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Body Scan, Guided Imagery (go to your special place).
- Pleasurable activities
- Do at least one pleasurable activity per day for yourself, preferably something you used to like to do but no longer do.
- Taking care of one’s body
- Exercise (aerobic, 20 – 30 minutes, 3-4 times a week)
- Nutrition (reduce fat, caffeine, alcohol, drugs, nicotine)
- Time Management (organization, prioritization, delegation)
- Good Sleep ( 7 – 8 hours/night)
- Restructuring Thoughts
Since thoughts lead to feelings, identify the thoughts that precede your negative moods. Likely, they are distorted, irrational, or unhelpful. Respond to them in writing, with other ways to think about it. Do this exercise at least 3 times per week. This is just an overview, we go in depth into these techniques elsewhere during our educational online classes with self help tools.